The Netherlands is the location that is considered a ‘pro-cannabis region’. The use of cannabis products is legalised here and in a way that will not anger the neighbouring countries, and hence Holland became a common ground for the usage of cannabis. Here, you can own cannabis and can use it as well, but you cannot grow them.
If you are looking for a way to CBD öl kaufen Holland [English Meaning = buy CBD oil in Holland], then the Just CBD Store is your one-stop destination. They are the best suppliers of top-quality CBD products at affordable prices. You can visit their webpage to know more.
CBD Laws in the Netherlands
Here are some of the laws that are associated with CBD in the Netherlands.
- Cannabis is allowed to be used for personal purposes and this is decriminalised here.
- It is allowed to use marijuana for recreational purposes in coffee shops.
- The hemp fibre and seed with a potency of 0.2% THC is allowed.
- Hemp is listed in the List II of the soft drugs and this is tolerated here.
- Over-the-counter usage of 0.05% THC products is allowed.
- Vaping CBD oil is banned.
- Hemp processing is not allowed
History of cannabis laws
Cannabis supplements are in usage from the Neolithic period dating back to 2200 BC. Some historical events have shed light on the fact that the Europeans were using hemp for many purposes in the medieval period such as ship sails, ropes, shoes, textiles, paper, and so on. It is during this period that the Europeans started working on and even noting down the medicinal purposes of the plants.
As Dutch became the world leader in military conquests, science, trade, and art in the 17th century, the era is noted as the Dutch Golden Age, and the use of hemp also became worldwide in the Netherlands during this period.
Hemp and marijuana differences
Even though marijuana and hemp are the extracts of the same plant source cannabis plants, they are differentiated because of the presence of the potent supplement THC in them.
- Best known for having a high percentage of THC in it, which is up to 30%
- Used for recreational purposes
- Sometimes the usage of marijuana is allowed for medicinal purposes.
- Better known for having low concentrations of THC.
- Used in various fields such as cordage, materials, textiles, and food, and so on.
- It is best used for various purposes because of its nutritional benefits.
The legality of CBD in the Netherlands
The Opium Act will not allow the usage of hemp and its extracts. However, cannabidiol is tolerated for usage because of the presence of THC in not more than 0.3%.
Shops selling cannabis in the Netherlands
The selling of cannabis in coffee shops started in the 70s and is still followed till today. If the person or the shops does not sell more than the allowed quantity of cannabis to a person, then they can proceed with their businesses. However, no hard drug circulation is allowed in the Netherlands.
The person or the shop selling cannabis is not allowed to advertise about it and no person below the age of 18 is allowed to enter these shops.